UK Imaging Informatics Group
PACS on iPad PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Workstations & Display Devices >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Dan Smith  posted on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 02:02 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi,
I'm attempting to connect an iPad to the PACS system, using a free 'app' - at the moment (imageFLOW.mobile looks to be the best I can find)

As we have siemens PACS, we don't have WADO capabilities, and we need to put the iPads details into the PACS GUI, including the port number.

Has anyone here had any success with this, and if so, how did you determine which port the iPad would be 'listening' to the DICOM with?

I know it's a wordy, and inellegant post, however I can't think of a way to make it prettier!

We're thinking of going for OsirixHD, however I want to 'prove concept' before we start with paid apps, especially as we're going through an austerity drive atm, and the trust has hundreds of iPads we could potentially use - in which case, free is good!
 Link to this message James Steel  posted on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 02:33 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Sorry cant help with your query but just wanted to wish you good luck with setting up "hundreds" of DICOM Q/R nodes in your PACS! :-)
 Link to this message Dan Smith  posted on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 02:36 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I'm trying not to think about that bit yet...
 Link to this message Martin Peacock  posted on Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 11:57 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
My first thought was "austerity drive" vs "hundreds of iPads" but I'll leave that alone.

The port number should be in the documentation somewhere but a good place to start is 104 or 11112 - either of those tend to be the default.

I think your biggest challenge will be with DNS. Presumably (I'm guessing) you are intending these to be mobile so you may need some kind of dynamic DNS, which may not be part of your current infrastructure (it isn't necessary for most client/server arrangments). The key is whether both the PACS and client software supports C-GET rather than C_MOVE. C_MOVE is the most common but needs the server to know the address of the client - which on a dynamic network needs some extra effort.

Expanding on Ben's comment - for hundreds of clients you may want to looks at a slightly different approach - an HTML5 viewer or perhaps citrix-style access.

Any questions keep asking - plenty of folk around happy to help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: