UK Imaging Informatics Group
Duplicate History with joined examina... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Reporting & Digital Dictation >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Tom Newton  posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 09:31 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
We have CRIS and now finally have a VR that works well in Dragon 11. Workflow is quick with plain films. Dragon allows you to easily write basic shortcut codes or scripts to perform simple tasks such as one I have made and use regularly "rapid verify" which will 1. verify the report, 2. press al+E to insert this history from ICE order comms, 3. Move down to the next field and 4. press alt+E again to insert the heading for the examination. This saves 6 seconds - not much but after 100 plain films it means I can have an extra coffee. What bugs me though is when 2 or more examinations are joined which means the history is repeated in the top field, sometimes 7 or more times with polytrauma xrays. Having to delete the repeated history manually interrupts my workflow. Does anyone know a workaround for this?
 Link to this message Judi Dobbs  posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 08:59 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I create two "step by step" macros using the "enter keystokes" command
The first for a combined report - e.g. CT Head with and without contrast:
Alt & O
Enter
Alt & 1
Enter
Alt & 2 (etc)

The second for a single clinical history and a report in individual exam fields
Alt & 0
Arrow down
Alt & E
Arrow down

Alt & E
(etc)

This does it for me.
Hope it helps

Judi
 Link to this message Tom Newton  posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 - 06:52 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I have done something similar. Maybe it is a problem with the ICE order comms integration to CRIS, but the problem is when there is more than one examination, eg chest and abdo, when you press Alt+0 (or Alt+E), the history would go in twice.

On a different note, if using scripting, does anyone know what to write in the script to make the CRIS window active, so I don't have to click on it before I say my short code?
 Link to this message Paul Srodzinsky  posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 09:27 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
There was a similar thread late last year which ended with the following comment

"We have had a natter about this and its a tricksy kind of problem. Here are a few of our thoughts.

1, get the CRIS user interface to compare the clinical histories when you are joining the two orders into a single event. If they 100% match dont bother importing the second set.

2, put the clinical histories into a comparison pop up box which allows you to choose one or the other or both.

both are fairly easy to do and could conceivably get into one of the maintenance releases of Rowthorne especially if enough people like the idea.

Cheers
Juddy"

Must admit, even though I started the thread I didn't follow anything up as by the time that comment was posted we had got used to the behaviour. My preference would be 2 as it gives a bit more control.
 Link to this message Paul Srodzinsky  posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 09:28 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
With regards to the CRIS window being active - is it GE PACS by any chance?
 Link to this message Tom Newton  posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:59 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi,thanks, I will speak to IT and our PACS manager to discuss this.

It is Siemens PACS. We were meant to have a PACS upgrade to go in some time last year but there are ongoing issues with the stability of the new version so the go live date keeps on getting put back. Painful. Wish it was GE PACS.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: