UK Imaging Informatics Group
Election of New Chairman and Secretary PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > News & Comment > PACS Group Notices >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 04:20 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear all,

As announced at the last meeting, my term as Chair of the UK RCR PACS & Teleradiology Group ends in October. Nick Hollings will also be relinquishing his role as Secretary at the same time, although he will continue as Treasurer.

If you would like to stand for the posts of Chair or Secretary of this PACS special interest group, or you would like further information about what it entails, please contact me at rbramley@pacsgroup.org.uk.
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:45 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear all,

As I posted in August, my term as Chair of the UK RCR PACS & Teleradiology Group ends in October. Nick Hollings will also be relinquishing his role as Secretary at the same time, although he will continue as Treasurer.

Neelam Dugar has offered to stand for a position as Chair or Secretary and has been seconded by Richard Harries. She has kindly provided the following election statement:

"My Interest In the post of Chair/Secretary of RCR PACS SIG

My interest in PACS started 5years ago, when I set up simple Dicom image transfer between 2 workstations in 2 different hospitals within our Trust. This was of a significant benefit to the running of the cancer MDTs. Subsequently I was instrumental developing a VPN teleradiology for on-call, with the help of our Trust Networks Manager.

Recently, I have provided a very successful clinical leadership for PACS implementation in my own Trust. Due to effective team working our PACS Implementation team was able to deliver a Filmless hospital in ONE day, on the day of go live. We were very pleasantly surprised at not receiving any complaints from clinicians. However, it did reflect hard work done by the team.

By providing robust clinical specifications for functionality provided by RIS, PACS and desktop integration-I have ensured that the implementation maximises the clinical benefits and improves patient management. This has been due to working effectively together with the suppliers. Our report turn around times has reduced to 24 hours due to the improved reporting workflow.

I have been a member of the CRG in the NE Cluster. With over 300 postings on the Pacsgroup.co.uk, I have influenced the PACS deployment through the LSP Programme in England.

I firmly believe that as a group and the website, we have been able to share best practices and support each other during our local PACS deployments. This group also has a very enviable relationship with the suppliers, who also listen to the postings on this website. As a group, we have been a very successful group. It would be an honour for me to be able to serve as a chair or secretary to this group. Whilst PACS deployments around the country nears completion we have still outstanding work like order comm integration with RIS, PACS integration with EPR, central archive configuration etc."

We will ideally need at least 2 candidates as there are 2 posts - chair and secretary. If you would like to stand for either of these posts or if you would like further information about what it entails, please contact me at rbramley@pacsgroup.org.uk.
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 11:34 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear all,

At the recent meeting of the group in Oxford we agreed changes in the constitution. All non-commercial members may now be elected to the committee, except for the position of chair, which must be a member of the Royal College of Radiologists. It was also agreed that we would support electronic voting.

The deadline for nominations for secretary and president has been extended until the end of this month (October) to allow for new applicants as a result of this change in the constitution. We will then be voting in November if required.

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Please can all members consider applying or nominating someone for the posts of chair or secretary. We have one applicant to date but we will need at least 2 to fill the 2 posts. Please contact me with any nominations or if you would like further information about what the positions entail (rbramley@pacsgroup.org.uk).
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 01:03 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear all,

RESULT Election of New Group Chair and Secretary

We received 2 nominations, Neelam Dugar for chair and Margaret Cosens for secretary. The committee are happy to approve these nominations and commend them to the group. I would like to thank both candidates for standing for these posts, and providing the group are in agreement the nominees will take up their positions forthwith.

I'd like to thank the rest of the committee, speakers and group members for their support for the group over my last 3 years as chair, and in particular Laurenece Sutton and Nick Hollings each for their time as group secretary. I wish the the new committee all the best for the future.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 12:04 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thank you Rhidian for the announcement. I am pleased to take on the post of Chair of this group, and would like to thank all the committee members for their support. I hope I will be able to live up to all your expectations, and follow on from the good work by Rhidian in his term as Chair.

I would like to inform you of the others members within the committee:

I feel very privileged to have Margarert Cosens as Secretary. It brings diversity to the group which is vital.

Nick Hollings is Treasurer for the group. Margaret and I will be looking to him for support until we find our feet. Nick has been busy revisiting the constitution, and will soon post the new constitution.

Nicola Strickland as the Chair of the Royal College of Radiologists IT subcommittee, is also a standing member of the committee. It is vital we maintain close links to the Royal College of Radiologists, as we are a Special Interest Group of RCR. It is a priviledge to have Nicola on the committee, who has also been a co-founder of this group.

We also have the 5 CFH National Clinical Advisors , Rhidian Bramley, Laurence Sutton, William Saywell, Tony Newman-Saunders, John Somers are co-opted members of the committee. We feel it is important that we maintain good links with CFH, so that we are able to influence the Programme. However, the group is independent of CFH and will continue to function independently.

In addition to CFH advisors, Rhidian and Laurence, also remains as ex-officio members providing help and advise to the committee for at least one year. We are grateful for their help.

I would like to to thank Rhidian for continuing as moderator and web-master. We are all aware that the success of our group is largely related to this forum, which Rhidian does put in a lot of time and effort to maintain.
 Link to this message Margaret Cosens  posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 09:12 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I'd like to add my thanks to the Committee for their support and for initiating the constitutional change that makes it possible for me as a non-Radiologist to join the Committee and take up a post. I strongly concur with the stipulation that the SIG Committee Chair should always be a Radiologist and a member of the RCR. I respect and appreciate the vital role this group has played in the changing PACS scene leading up to and since Margaret Edwards announced in Sept 2004 that PACS was to be part of the NPfIT. My observation is that the group has challenged providers to meet the highest standards, whilst positively informing and supporting the good progress made. The group is an endless source of wise advice and a home of informed, honest, open debate on important issues concerning what we trust is our shared future using PACS. Long may this continue. That includes the occasional thread which starts off quite seriously and morphs into a good laugh. I am honoured to take on the Secretaryship and I hope we can continue the good work together. I am also grateful that the Committee membership remains stable with just a couple of additions for Chair and Secretary.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 11:31 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear All,

At the 10th Oct 2008 Meeting, Nick Hollings (Current Treasurer) has expressed his intention to step down as Treasurer to the Group, after serving for 3 years. On behalf of the Group, I would like to thank Nick for his significant contribution to the Group.

I would like to invite interest from members of the Royal College of Radiologists to to take up this position. Please contact me/Nick/Margaret via a private message through the website.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: