UK Imaging Informatics Group
Interests invited for Chairman of UK ... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > News & Comment > PACS Group Notices >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 04:35 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear All,
At the meeting on Tuesday, I declared my decision to step down as Chairman. I complete my 2nd term in office. Any radiologist interested in leading the Group, please contact me, Richard or William. It will be good for the Group to have a new leader.
I have enjoyed my 2 terms in office. Thanks for your support.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 07:38 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Please could anyone interested in the Chairman role contact one of the officers by 15th Dec--closing date. I would be happy to discuss the responsibilities.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 09:18 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear All,
I am really pleased to announce Dr. Mark Griffiths as the next Chairman of our Group. Many will already know Mark from his active contribution in both PACS & our Groups activities. I think we are in very capable hands going forwards into a post-LSP world. Below is Mark's statement:

"Itís been a pleasure being a member of the group while Neelam has steered us into the start of the brave new world of post-LSP PACS. Connecting of Health and the PACs board enabled rapid and successful deployment of PACS and RIS to the country, a huge task, which enabled massive productivity gains and improvement in radiology services to patients. The national systems however came with difficulty in meeting specific local requirements, and the end of these contracts provides us with the ability to specify and get suppliers to meet these. We need to work smarter, and meet our patientís demands over imaging site and time, if we are going to be able to continue to provide an encompassing service to our Trusts. I believe that the development of PACS and RIS services and their integration to the wider hospital and regional systems will be fundamental to enable this and the changes to workflow that the NHS requires of us.
To this end we need to continue Neelamís crusade of standards for integration and support their development, encourage best practice, share developments that have worked and highlight where weíve not succeeded for benefit of all. We need to be installing or developing systems that aid our patients care, not just rip and replace an ability to see an image. We also need to share our knowledge outside of radiology for developments within other specialties and incorporate primary care.
My background is that of a paediatric radiologist in a tertiary centre that also services its local community as a primary referral site. Iíve chaired the group which has procured a system for PACS and RIS services for a number of trusts to provide an XDS environment for data sharing, an exciting, challenging and (hopefully!) rewarding programme. Iíve previously been a member of the Southern Cluster user group, have seen two PACs systems and a RIS installed, as well as an LSP transition of provider.
The LSP model of service encouraged cross Trust discussion but stifled progress. We need to continue the former, despite our fragmentation of providers, to prevent the later. Both the website discussions and our meetings will continue to be a fundamental part of this.
I look forward, with some trepidation, of stepping into Neelamís shoes. All support and suggestions will be gratefully received.
I'd like to thank Neelam for her sterling, ceaseless hard work and congratulate her fantastic success as chair of the group."

Once again, I would like to esp thank Margaret Cusons, Nick Hollings, Nicola Strickland, William Saywell, Richard Bulmer, Rhidian Bramley, Dave Harvey & many others for all the support you gave me whilst in office. I could not have done it without you. This was my first national leadership position & it gave me enormous experience & wisdom.

Thanks to all forum contributors who keep the forum alive. The success of the Group & my chairmanship was is down to you all from the sharing of knowledge & best practices. Thanks for the emails of appreciation many of you have sent. I have enjoyed by 2 terms in office but I think we have a very bright future in the capable hands of Mark.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: