UK Imaging Informatics Group
PACS administration /Radiology manager PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > News & Comment > PACS Group Notices >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Rajnikant C  posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 09:26 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi all,
I am General Radiologist (MD) working in UAE using Agfa DS3000 with IMPAX PACS /RIS system since last 4 year .

I am looking to Administration /Manager position in USA/UK .
Can I get this position on experience Or I need any certification ?
Can anyone suggest if any position/certification available

Thanking in advance for your suggestion /comments.
 Link to this message Alexander Peck  posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:18 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi Rajnikant,

The NHS is the largest employer of PACS Managers in the UK.

You'll most likely need NHS experience for any senior level post as a lot of the role involves navigating through corporate habits and budget restrictions! PACS jobs now generally request several years proven experience or a Masters level qualification, with PRINCE2 (http://www.apmg-international.com/en/qualifications/prince2/prince2.aspx) or other demonstrable project management experience.

It is rarer to find clinicians (MDs) working as a PACS Manager in the UK. Around half of all PACS Management jobs in the UK require you to have current Health & Care Professions Council registration as a practising Radiographer though. You will need very good knowledge of the systems involved, as well as HL7, DICOM, XDS etc.

You can take a look at the requirements on the NHS Jobs website (the site holds nearly all NHS jobs across the country). As a current example: http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=913049954 (Liverpool - link valid until the closing date of 4th March 2013).

This post may be moved - (it's in the Group Notices section, when it may be more appropriate on the General board).
 Link to this message Rajnikant C  posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 03:56 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear Alexander

Thanks for your guidance & suggestion.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: