UK Imaging Informatics Group
Improving Radiology Reporting confere... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > News & Comment > PACS Group Notices >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Kerry Tarrant  posted on Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 09:56 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Attend our forthcoming 'Improving Radiology Reporting: Digital Imaging Summit 2019'taking place in London on 2/12/19 for only 250 + VAT. Quote HCUK250PACS when booking
https://www.healthcareconferencesuk.co.uk/conferences-masterclasses/improving-radiology-reporting-digital-imaging-summit-2019
application/pdfRadiology Conference brochure
Radiology Reporting Dec 2019.pdf (387.9 k)
 Link to this message Kovey Kovalan  posted on Friday, September 27, 2019 - 11:56 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Advertising spam removed.

(Message edited by alexpeck on September 27, 2019)
 Link to this message Stephen Gatley  posted on Friday, September 27, 2019 - 01:38 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I thought we had agreed that this site is not for commercial advertising?
 Link to this message Robin Breslin  posted on Friday, September 27, 2019 - 02:47 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
In general, vendors know not to do overt advertising on this site.

If a vendor sees a problem stated, and has a commercial solution that answers it, they normally respond something like ..

"commercial interest declared .. we have a solution that does x y z"

We sometimes get, "I have some breakthrough science that I am excited about." and it is either stated, or simply obvious from the origin of the post, that it's kind of advertising.

Actually (having spend most of my life on the vendor side) it's nice to be in a clear environment like this.

And these rules are quite clearly stated (and not overly buried in a huge document) when you sign up to this forum.

I know, from a vendor point of view, it's sometimes easy to let ones enthusiasm run on a bit.
 Link to this message Alexander Peck  posted on Friday, September 27, 2019 - 05:19 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Companies of course can purchase group sponsorship and banner ad placements (which are clearly delineated), but given the crowded marketplace for Radiology software / hardware, as noted it would pretty much be a free-for-all if any ad-hoc advertising, new 'exciting' product / feature announcements could come though routinely in the usual threads.

Companies have marketing email lists which should be used for that kind of thing - this group is a place for discussion and contributions to solve a common goal, not to promote an individual objective.

That user only joined this and other PACS Managers / AI forums today seemingly to post the same adverts in keyword triggering threads. Their contact details are valid, but they clearly don't understand the marketplace.

Al.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: