UK Imaging Informatics Group
Mammography PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message John Parker  posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 03:15 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Is symptomatic mammography in-scope or out-of-scope for LSP pacs?
Whilst we originally had a FSA mammo (5MP) workstation, i can't quite see how we are put mammography images into the system....or am I just being a little thick here?
 Link to this message Dr Chris Flowers  posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 07:38 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
> John The cheapest method would be to use FUJI Mammo CR and get the images into PACS that way. We have implemented that approach with our West Wales units that don't have Full Field Digital yet.
 Link to this message John Parker  posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 09:42 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi Chris,

not sure our (potential) LSP PACS supplier would be too keen on that one.....

my point was more that mammography (and dental) radiography both appear to be included in the OBS, yet I can't see what provision there is for these services...

what are trusts in other clusters doing?
 Link to this message Anne Hubbard  posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:54 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
You need to avoid at all costs having a CR system that has not has adequate clinical evaluation foisted upon you-remember the recent problems with Agfa.
Unless you can raise the capital-about 240,000, plus the maintenance charges, about 10% per year of the capital cost, to buy and run a full field digital set,you may be better off sticking to film screen.It depends how much mammography you actually do.
I am worried that this may put more pressure on small symptomatic only units to close and divert all the work to your local screening centre...?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: