UK Imaging Informatics Group
Siemens Symphony MR worklist issue PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 08:33 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi,
I know Modalities must initiate MWL request and must send a dimse C-Find message to MWL server.For the Last 2 days I was testing my MWL server with Siemens Symphony MR. My server waiting for a worklist query but couldn't get any dicom request.
Today Siemens technical staff told me their MR modality is different. He said that Symphony waits for a worklist!! How it possible any idea?

I read dicom conformance statement of the modality here exactly saying :
"The worklist SCU (“broad query”) is invoked from the patient browser user interface or by timer
to request the worklist from a remote Information System (Modality Worklist Class SCP). This
is done to perform a match to the internal worklist query keys specified in the C-Find DIMSE
service issued for the Modality Worklist Model."

So that means modality must send me a dimse C-find message, but I cannot understand why staff trying to give me wrong information. Are there Anyone here has real experience with that modality. How it get worklist exactly?

Best wishes,
Atilla ACAR.
 Link to this message James Steel  posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 09:17 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Atilla,
Was this a modality engineer or a PACS/integration engineer?
The reason I ask is that to a lot of the existing modality engineers Dicom is still a black art. If this is the case then get your engineer to escalate this within their Siemens support system for an answer from someone who hopefully knows what he or she are talking about.

Alternatively give your modality engineer a length of string, a roll of gaffa tape, a couple of fuses and an empty coke can and I am sure they could bodge it to work for you.
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 09:31 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
James,
The staff telling me that was a modality engineer, but that guy asked this issue a PACS-RIS Integration engineer via phone and then told me that. Btw I am rite is not it? Modality must be send me a find request. Just I wanna be sure.
 Link to this message James Steel  posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 09:51 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Atilla,

I do not know this piece of equipment but from what you have described and from what I have seen of other modalities it sounds rather strange to me. Most modalities poll for a DMWL. i.e. they either do it automatically every couple of minutes (set up on the modality) or the operator hits a button to refresh the worklist.
I would be looking for a second opinion, someone with that scanner should be along soon to help. Failing that ask your Siemems engineer to give you contact details for another site that has a similar set up to yours then speak to their PACS Manager and see what they say.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: