UK Imaging Informatics Group
Can Modalities Change Accession Number? PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:04 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Today at the I tested my mini-pacs implementation with a Siemens MR modality, I just wanted to see what I would get. And I send Worklist via my MWL implementation for each study I send an accession number and for each study I got images of related patient. But some attributes changed include accession number. I searched in internet, but couldn't find any related document, I looked at conformance statement of modality and just there writing "Accession number getting from RIS". Can modality change accession number, Is it possible? Is not RIS PACS integration handled by Accession Number?

Best Regards,
Atilla ACAR
 Link to this message Dave Harvey  posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:34 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
According to the IHE rules, the accession number should be that taken from the modality worklist - see IHE radiology technical framework volume 2 - appendix A for a formalisation of the rules. If it cannot be acquired reliably (and manually typed in is not regarded as reliable!) then it should be left blank for the RIS/PACS to reconcile.

Dave
 Link to this message Dr. Muhammad Kashif Mirza  posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 05:56 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dave is right, We had this problem, due to lack of reconciliation between RIS/PACS. When our RIS -CR link broke (due to any reason) we manually entered Accession No. in DMWL and due to typing mistake we had serious problems. Ideally it should be forwarded from RIS and should not be entered at Modality manually ; its the job of PACS-RIS to insure data integrity.

Kashif http://www.MuhammadKashif.com
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 07:45 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I found the origin of problem last night, I think problem is a bug in viewer software that I used to see images and tags. Last night I write my own Dicom tag viewer and now everything is what I expected.
Sorry for ill-informations, and thanks for your explanations.

Best Regards,
Atilla ACAR

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: