UK Imaging Informatics Group
Output based specification PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:35 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Has anyone from this group seen the output based specification for the governments implementation of PACS? What is the status of RIS procurement? Is that going to be decided for us by the LSP/Gov or are we going to have any say in the matter? Does anyone have any information?
 Link to this message John Pilling  posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 08:31 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Anyone who has seen the OBS is not at liberty to divulge its contents yet!
My understanding of the LSP process is that LSPs will be chosen by SHAs or clusters of SHAs and the products in the portfolio of that LSP will be the only ones availbable to Trusts within the financial and management arrangements of the SHA. If you can persuade your Trust to acquire RIS outside that framework there is no restriction on what you can put in by way of RIS, but you will have to pay for it.
If a LSP has a range of RIS systems within its portfolio (and they may have) then you will have a limited choice.
That is my understanding as of 18th July, but I keep on hearing new interpretations and snippets of information.
 Link to this message Tom Naunton Morga  posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 09:46 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
>In London the LSPs are going to be decided very soon. Several of them are coming to see me in August as they don't know anything about PACS. It seems to be changing by the hour but is highly confidential. We, the clinicians will give advice to the chosen LSP about PACS. As with most government run projects, note the Dome, there is a lot of running around like headless chickens. PACS for the whole of London is vast and I am not quite sure if any company could support it at present. If anyone is interested we have the latest desktop integration with our RIS and are virtually all DR. You are more than welcome to come and have a look at our brand new hospital and dept of Clinical Imaging. We gain access to the hospital intranet from home so we don't have to go in on call. Unfortunately we are now being asked to review plain films at 3.00 am!!! Tom Naunton Morgan West Middlesex University Hospital
 Link to this message John Pilling  posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 04:50 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
In Norwich we have backed away from any direct link from home, because we could foresee that we would be asked for opinions on plain radiographs (please NOT "films" - what hope is there for educating clinicians if we cling to archaic terms!!) at 3:00 a.m. Glad to think we made the right decision.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: