UK Imaging Informatics Group
Changing RIS system PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Subtopic Last Post Last Poster Posts
Archive through February 12, 200412-02-04  11:02 pmSimon Daniell15

Message/Author
 Link to this message Nadeem butt  posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:39 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Does anyone have any documents regarding questions and points to consider when purchasing a new RIS???
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:55 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Integration should be the key requirement in any new RIS procurement and so the solution will depend on your proposed EPR/ICRS solution and PACS solution. Ideally you want desktop integration with both. Your LSP should now be the first point of contact.

With an ICRS, a RIS is really a legacy system as many of the functions (e.g. patient demographics, appointment booking, digitial dictation and reporting can potentially be taken over by common services on the ICRS system.

For specific OBS requirements for a RIS, the RCR document Clinical Radiology and Electronic Records provides a useful overview and the requirements for integration with PACS a covered broadly in the national OBS.
 Link to this message Stephen Davies  posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:57 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Nadeem,

I do not have any documents but do suggest you include a consideration of IHE in the specification and tendering exercise. www.rsna.org/IHE then FAQ; also http://www.ihe-uk.org/. This will assist with workflow and interoperability with non-radiology information systems.
 Link to this message James Wafula  posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 06:30 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Does anyone have any documents regarding questions and points to
consider when purchasing a new RIS???

I have an assessment list I drew for PACS-RIS four years ago which is of course out of date but contains many of the questions that one may need to ask. I would be happy to send you a copy.
 Link to this message Tanya Garber  posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 02:17 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I would be interested to hear from users of the Torex (formerly Amersham) RMS radiology information system.

Having just taken the post as PACS Project manager, I am pulling out hair as I forsee major integration nightmares ahead. There appear to be fundamental issues with response times, call-centre and fault-logs.

Interestingly enough, it appears that Torex has been selected as the supplier (with Accenture) for the north-east cluster...
 Link to this message Christopher Alan Chew  posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 02:28 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Tanya please call 01482 623284 I might be able to help you
 Link to this message Laurence Sutton  posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 02:40 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Accenture do have HSS as well. Phew.
 Link to this message Simon Daniell  posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:45 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
> Tanya, You may want to speak to us at Bromley as we know this well and have just gone live with CRIS3 which is about to be integrated with our PACS. 01689-863644.
 Link to this message Nikolas Solomon  posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 09:35 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
As a matter of interest, Is Accenture making it clear they are offering a choice of either HSS-cris or Torex (Amersham), or are some sites getting just one choice?
 Link to this message Tom Naunton Morga  posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:13 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
>The Torex System is fantastic especially when linked to Agfa PACS. Some limitation on Torex backup!!!! We are just piloting voice activated dictation with the Torex system Tom Naunton Morgan
 Link to this message Christopher Alan Chew  posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:31 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Tom Which Torex system are you using and which Dictation system are you = going to use as I would like to ask you some Questions prior to our = system change.
 Link to this message Tom Naunton Morga  posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:30 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
> Windows based Torex RIS and Phillips speech magic. Works like a dream with PACS Tom
 Link to this message Christopher Alan Chew  posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:12 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Tom which version of Torex are you running and is there a way that I can = talk to you direct or see the system running.
 Link to this message Nadeem butt  posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:53 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
If anyone would like any info on Torex's RIS you can contact me on my e mail address.
 Link to this message Dr Peng Hui Lee  posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:03 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
We have been compelled, for financial reasons, to upgrade from DM-RAD v7 to DM-RAD v8.
If anyone would like to have my views on this, please contact me.
 Link to this message Rex Randall Osborn  posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 01:26 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I have created an IHE specific document for RIS requirements, feel free to use, it. I have more detailed documentation and methodology including scenarios, scripts for Proof of Concept PACS, RIS etc... Rex Osborn RT....
application/octet-streamRIS Requirements IHE, and Basic features & Functions
RIS System_Requirements_IHE.xls (68.6 k)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: