UK Imaging Informatics Group
RIS / PACS Policies PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Paul Srodzinsky  posted on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 01:22 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Are there any RIS / PACS users who would be willing to share there policies for staff using RIS / PACS?
We are just about to write policies and would like a starting point to work from. Any help would be gratefully received.
 Link to this message Paul Srodzinsky  posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 12:02 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
As there have been no replies to this topic I can conclude 2 things either no-one has separate policies for the use of PACS and RIS, or no-one wants to share their policies.

I would be grateful if people would let me know if they have separate policies in place (or not) even if they would prefer not to share them so that I can judge what is general practice in the UK.
 Link to this message Margaret Cunliffe  posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 01:47 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Will try and help as soon as possible.
 Link to this message Ross Clark  posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 09:30 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Here in Lanarkshire we have been working on a draft of an operational policy for PACS. If you would care to contact me off the board & let me know what you are looking for I could forward a copy.
 Link to this message David O'Keeffe  posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 02:41 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
could any user who has experience of Cerner ris/pacs product in a clinical setting please contact me off discussion to allow sharing of experience?

david.okeeffe@whb.ie
 Link to this message Tom Henderson  posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 08:17 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
We have a generic security statement for both our pacs and ris web browsers.

Some sites transmitting studies between pacs sites in Wales have a written agreement.

We have a simple policy for those limited areas that we have provided generic passwords to.

Directorates using the pacs web browser as a inter-trust teleradiology system are provided with a SOP for the process.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: