UK Imaging Informatics Group
RFP PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Padhraic Conneally  posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 10:40 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
can anybody point me towards a model rfp.
Any particular things to look out for from bitter experience
 Link to this message Dave Harvey  posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 10:59 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I'm not sure which parts of the RFP you are looking for, but you can save yourself a LOT of work on the purely technical aspects by referencing the IHE technical framework, and requesting actors which conform to your chosen profiles. Of course, you still have the contractual and performance elements to consider, but one of the unofficial aims of the IHE framework was to provide a part-written RFP/tender, and of course this has many man-years of work in it - far more than any one instituation could manage. Your suppliers will like it also, as they probably have pre-prepared responses to it, and will appreciate the lack of ambiguity, which tends to creep into most "home-written" specifications.

One "bitter experience" element to include at a later stage is to make explicit reference in your contract to DICOM conformance statements and other technical documentation supplied to you by the vendor, with a clause stating that ALL functionality in the statements is included unless otherwise specifially excluded in the contract. MANY times have I seen people buy equipment which CAN do what they want, but only after installation does the rep inform the buyer that a particular option wasn't included in the contract - by that stage the buyer's negotiating position is significantly weakened!

Dave Harvey
 Link to this message Rex Randall Osborn  posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 08:59 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
My team has created a very comprehensive IHE based RFP (IHE Functional requirements Based request for Quote); based on the following areas of interest; PACs Infrastructure, Content Integration, Clinical System Integration, Dx Workstation and Web (clinical image distribution), available options include RIS (already posted on this site, the generic form, no proof of concept detail was included), Cardiology, Teaching/Collaboration Files and Pathology focused worksheets.

We created this format to move from functional specification validation by the vendors to use a similar format for “Proof of concept” demonstration evaluation and clinical scenario testing for individual market segments i.e. Ambulatory, Acute, Multi Patient ID domain IDN’s, Research Teaching facility, Children’s Hospital, Women’s Hospital and for Radiation Oncology Clinics and departments.

Attached is a description of the primary IHE based requirements document, without detailed questions…
application/x-zip-compressedIHE Based PACS System Selection Criteria (Topic Overview)
IHE-Focused RFP Sections.zip (88.6 k)
 Link to this message Sue Carrington  posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:08 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Unfortunately attachments do not seem to arrive with these messages, = having a Meditech EPR we would be interested to see the description of = the primary IHE based requirements document, without detailed questions, as described in the original = message.
 Link to this message Rex Randall Osborn  posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:08 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Sue,

Please e-mail me at rex_osborn@yahoo.com, and I will provide you with the zip file that I attempted to post. I will also send you some data on standard integration practices to the Meditech EMR system (please indicate if it is the MAGIC version or the new NT version).

Cheers,
Rex Osborn

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: