UK Imaging Informatics Group
Problem intergrating RVG xray images ... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message sunny  posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 04:00 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear All,

I have a problem in integrating one of the Kodak RVG X-Ray (Used to acquire Intra Oral X-Ray) with the GE Centricity 2.0 PACS. The RVG system sends images in ".io" format. The GE PACS do not recoginize "IO" as modality and the request is getting rejected in the gateway (Dicom storage server) itself.

Any help in fixing this problem , is very much appreciated. Herewin attached log files for troubleshooting

Sunny
 Link to this message James Steel  posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 12:09 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
This is possible, I have PM'ed you a contact to speak to at GE.
 Link to this message Dave Harvey  posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 06:56 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
From a technical point of view, the problem is very unlikely to the "modality" attribute (IO), but rather the overal image type ("SOP class" in DICOM speak). For reasons obscure even to me, the authors of the new digital x-ray object decided to make it 3 different class, mammograms (MG), intra-oral(IO), and everything else (DX), each with different SOP classes (for intra-oral images this is 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.1.3 as opposed to 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.1.1 for all other images). The images are otherwise virtually identical, so there is no TECHNICAL reason for any PACS which supports DX (i.e. any less than 3 years old) not to support intra-oroal objects just as well.....the only question is what the vendor will charge for flicking the switch to allow that type of image in!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: