UK Imaging Informatics Group
Relationship Between PACS and RIS PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Darren Keeping  posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 01:27 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
A fellow forth year diagnostic radiography student and myself have been given the following title for our forth year literature review projects....

'A Critical Analysis of the Relationship Between PACS and RIS Systems'.

After discussing this with a local PACS Manager and spending some time looking for material myself I am slightly concerned about the lack of suitable, peer reviewed, material studying this relationship, how good it is in differing circumstances and its effects, beneficial or otherwise.

Basically if anyone reading this knows of suitable material I would be very grateful, if you could leave a message.

Also, although I have a strong IT background, PACS/RIS is a new area to me, so, if that questions seems vague or just plain wrong please ask me to re state it in some way.

Thanks a lot

Darren Keeping
 Link to this message Kyle William Harrison  posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 10:35 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Google is your friend...

Search for "PACS RIS Integration"

There's a tonne of info in the first 20 search results.
 Link to this message Craig Bakalich  posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 07:47 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I'm a consultant with much work with Radiology and the IT systems that need= to communicate. Also we do much work with process and workflows. This is t= he key to how people and the IT systems interact. Please contact if you wish further discussion. We'd be more than happy to h= elp craig.bakalich@iebsc.com
 Link to this message Laurence Sutton  posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 08:29 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
The October Diagnostic Imaging Europe has a special section on RIS/PACS Integration sponsored by Siemens Medical Systems (CMP Medica)
http://www.diagnosticimaging.com/techfocus/ris-pacs/2007/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=C413QODLGU2ZMQSNDLRCKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=202101104
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 11:59 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
RIS and PACS have
1. Backend integration--which is quite a standard process for exam description,reports etc
2. Front-end integration i.e. Desk-top Integration by reporting radiologists. UK is very advanced in this, particularly when using PACS and RIS from different companies.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: