UK Imaging Informatics Group
Reference Site Visit PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Nitin  posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 04:32 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi!

We are in the process of procuring RIS-PACS and going to do reference site visit soon.Can anybody provide the sample questions or approach towards assessing the vendor product during reference site visit.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nitin
 Link to this message Robert Miles  posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 09:14 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Is this going to be your first PACS or are you changing over from another?
 Link to this message Peter Sorrell  posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 10:46 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
This is our 1st PACS. We are unusual in that we have been running Cerner EPR for approximately 3 yrs now, and had to choose PACS provider based on compatibility. Thus we ended up with a BT Philips PACS. On top of this we have recently lost our IT trained PACS manager / radiographer- leaving multiple radiographer PACS administrators, and the IT dept. as effective managers. Now I have been asked to write up protocols and policies. I am up for it, but do not want to spend valuable time reinventing the wheel.
 Link to this message Dewinder Bhachu  posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 01:45 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Dear Nitin & Peter,

As a starter for 10, the following guide should help you avoid 'reinventing the wheel'. Just copy the following into the search engine on this site;

IMPRESS

Make sure to set the search to keyword and for it to be case sensitive (case must match).

The search should take you to a posting by Rhidian Bramley posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 07:41 am

It is the 2nd result in the total of 4 being displayed if you have done it right

The IMPRESS Guide is a little out of date, we (www.PACSnet.org.uk) are looking to revise this but the information in the appendices you will find invaluable.

Sites outside the NPfIT procurement process have used this guide to procure with much success.

I hope it helps, remember you can always contact PACSnet directly for procurement assistance.

Dewinder S Bhachu
Head of PACSnet
PACSnet - Picture Archiving & Communication Systems, national evaluation team
(part of the Centre for Evidence-based Purchasing funded by the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency, Department of Health)
Supporting Purchasing and innovation through impartial evaluation
 Link to this message Achudhan Mani  posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 03:49 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi Nitin,
Yes, We can help. Please mail me directly to <achudhan.mani@gmail.com> also if you wish you can visit Asia's largest enterprise PACS site in India - connecting 35 modalities of all specialities, 5 Workstations and 100s of web stations in a teaching hospital. You can also see one of smaller site at AbuDhabi . Let me know - Achudhan

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: