UK Imaging Informatics Group
OJEC Procurement PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Tanya Garber  posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 10:49 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I am keen to throw open the forum on OJEC Procurement. No doubt there must be other trusts who are exploring this option rather than going down the LSP path.

Satisfying the Value for Money criteria should not be difficult. The OJEC process may be tedious and time-consuming but with enough of us considering it, perhaps a template is closer than we realise. I would be keen to establish dialogue with other interested. Especially those looking to implement PACS this year.

There are a few good suppliers outside the LSP. We should definitely not limit our choice of supplier.

Specific functionality, performance and connectivity and cost are what matters at the end of the day.
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 05:38 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Tanya, the IMPRESS procurement guide is available through this website under the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency link from the homepage. Although it is now outdated, it provides a useful guide to a PACS procurement project outwith the LSP path.

The NPfIT are working on a draft local detailed output based specification template that can be used for trust level or larger procurements. As this is an OBS the information required for the template is essentially the same whether you undertake a procurement through the LSP path or via your own OJEC. This is not authorised for release yet although you may wish to contact your local PACS facilitator for further information.

Personally, I would advise anyone considering a procurement outwith the LSP process to have full and frank discussions with their Chief Information Officer before starting/continuing down this route.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: