UK Imaging Informatics Group
RIS/PACS selection proforma PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:30 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Has anyone put together a proforma for a RIS/PACS selection process that they would be willing to share? (A selection proforma based on radiologist/clinician needs.)
 Link to this message Rex Randall Osborn  posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 01:12 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Remember what Thoreau said simplify, simplify, simplify…. I would say Network review first, confirm band width, second leverage current storage hardware i.e. EMC or IBM investments... Third focus on your market segment who competes well there and meets customer needs, support, service, contractuals, features, functionality wise.

Then… Define functional requirements for your facility and associated locations. Create functional requirements document to go to each vendor, ask for corporate overview and financial disclaimer from vendor and then move to have demonstrations performed with scripts and scenarios documented and ready for critiques from the radiologist and IT support staff. Divide the comments by technical and functional (application level). Send a request for re-quote confirming CR needs, DICOM upgrade costs etc, defined integration strategy IHE (Y or N?), define dx workstations, clinical workstations, furniture, printers, DICOM converters, integrations costs, maintenance fees, software fees and license fees for the Enterprise…. Go on a site visit (or two) perform reference calls with questions for the appropriate people and make the decision as to who you want to dance with…
application/vnd.ms-powerpointPACS System Selection Approach
PACS 101 System Selection Methodology.ppt (537.6 k)
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 03:47 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thank you very much for these excellent pieces of information.
 Link to this message Rex Randall Osborn  posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 03:50 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
No problem, if I can be of any service please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
Rex Osborn
rex_osborn@yahoo.com
 Link to this message Rex Randall Osborn  posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 05:46 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Here is a presentation I did Post RSNA 2003, I created an overview (not detailed enough for me) of the RIS marketplace seen at the RSNA. I was not able to attend the ECR this past year so I apologize that I could not have a presentation with a focus on European RIS solutions.
application/vnd.ms-powerpointPost RSNA RIS System Analysis December 2003
Post RSNA 2003 RIS v8.5.ppt (2209.8 k)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: