UK Imaging Informatics Group
Configuring Broker in GE Xi PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Stephen Morris  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 01:29 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Does anyone know how to alter the configurationg of a modality list transfer on a GE server? I am trying to update the IP address and AE title for a new piece of equipment.

Many thanks
Steve
 Link to this message Gordon King  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 01:32 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Sorry Stephen we have to go though GE and pay for 1/2 day. They have to set it up and assign a DAS server for load sharing.
 Link to this message Stephen Morris  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 01:36 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
That's the problem, =XXXXX + vat! Surely its possible to change this mysel= f. I doubt its in the help thought!
 Link to this message Simon Waddington  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 01:41 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
We assign our own DAS and ask GE to set up accordingly. In fact PACS will accept any modality onto a DAS. The setting is on the ISU and so long as PACS knows about a modality (IP / AE) then you can change the modality to go to any of the available DAS servers by changing the settings on that modality accordingly. So far as worklist setting son the Broker goes, you do need to go through GE, which can be expensive but does theoretically also include keeping an updated copy of the configuration in case of Broker failure so that a restore file is then available and up-to-date. The Mitra Broker can be logged onto within your Trust and configured but isn't a particularly user friendly front end and to set up a modality for a worklist requires entry into three different tables.
 Link to this message Gordon King  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 01:42 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
We pay XXXX appx. as they do not have to attend sight to do this.
 Link to this message Stephen Morris  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 02:04 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
That seems a more realistic price for the work involved. Thanks Gordon.
 Link to this message Gareth James  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 02:09 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
So can someone explain why we in the North West have to pay =XXXXX for = an integration by GE? =20
 Link to this message Stephen Morris  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 02:15 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
negotiation!! Plus they will have you pay the highest amount possible if you let them get away with it!!!
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 03:49 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Please can members not post up pricing as it is considered commercially sensitive information. Sorry, but we are bound by certain rules.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 12:33 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I agree with Rhidian, please do not post commercially sensitive information on this website.

However, I understand CFH is supposed to benchmark prices for services provided by different LSPs. It maybe useful to contact your CFH person on your patch to ensure your Trust is not paying over the odds.

I would be grateful if someone could inform the group if indeed these services are bench-marked.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: