UK Imaging Informatics Group
HL7 General Order Message and Staff M... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 03:04 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi,
Our HL7 version is 2.3

I have an integration issue with a RIS-PACS vendor. We should send General Order Message. I think right message for it is ORM-O01 and I should put information to OBR and ORC segments, however I cannot find a correct segment/place to send the modality in which order will be performed.

Another problem is sharing Staff data, I will send a Master file M02 for staffs but RIS-PACS vendor also need staff's password, because they want to use same username and password with our system. Although it will not secure, we will decrypt passwords and send them. However, I cannot find a correct segment/place to fill.

In which segment/place I can send these information.

Thanks, Any idea wellcome.
 Link to this message Syed Mustafa Hussain  posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 03:15 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
> > > [Delete this line and type your message here] > >
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 03:45 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
> > > [Hi,
Our HL7 version is 2.3

I have an integration issue with a RIS-PACS vendor. We should send General Order Message. I think right message for it is ORM-O01 and I should put information to OBR and ORC segments, however I cannot find a correct segment/place to send the modality in which order will be performed.

Another problem is sharing Staff data, I will send a Master file M02 for staffs but RIS-PACS vendor also need staff's password, because they want to use same username and password with our system. Although it will not secure, we will decrypt passwords and send them. However, I cannot find a correct segment/place to fill.

In which segment/place I can send these information.

Thanks, Any idea wellcome.] > >
 Link to this message Martin Elms  posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 03:49 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Well this topic makes a change from encryption... how refreshing ;o))
 Link to this message Ian Judd  posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 04:46 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi
we stick the modality into OBR 24 = Diagnostic Serv Sect ID

Good luck
Ian
 Link to this message Marco Crispini  posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 06:21 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
IHE too says to use OBR-24 for Modality. I suggest if the choice of field is otherwise arbritary between you and your supplier that you refer to IHE docs for direction on this sort of thing.
 Link to this message Atilla Acar  posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 07:46 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks everyone,

I will use OBR-24.

For M02 i realized that we cannot share passwords because we only hold some hash value of user passwords so cannot decrypt it :-(

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: