UK Imaging Informatics Group
PACS system for small MRI clinic PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Charlie Randall  posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 05:10 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi,

I've just started a new job as IT manager at a small MRI clinic.

Currently they are using eFilm Workstation and are then sending images in encrypted ZIP files for radiologists to report on. The system works but is kind of bodged together and is very labour intensive.

I'm trying to find a better solution that needs to fulfil the following criteria:

- Images need to be viewable via a web browser
- System needs to be relatively cheap (preferably pay monthly)
- Ideally it would be combined with an archiving solution to take care of the primary backup needs
- We have about 1TB of images at the moment although I suspect there is some duplication. I think this will be expanding at about 20GB/month

We don't have the budget for a full PACS RIS but I'm hoping there's a way I can improve what we have at the moment..

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Charlie
 Link to this message Tom Bowles  posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 05:31 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
DECLARED COMMERCIAL INTEREST

Hello Charlie,

This is what we provide at MedStamp, we've deployed a range of solutions in the UK, from large-scale multi-site systems involving 80 hospitals to single clinic setups..

We meet all your requirements and we're very much focused on providing quality medical products at the right price.

If you'd like to contact me I can explain in more detail and provide you with some references.

Best Regards
Tom Bowles
 Link to this message Mark O'Herlihy  posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 06:03 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Charlie,

At Visbion we have a number of solutions currently deployed in the UK that are ranging from Entry-Level to Enterprise.

We have our Visbion ImageWorld which is a hosted PACS Solution in our 2 Mirrored Data Centres and have a number of customers currently connected to this paying a monthly subscription model.

All images can be viewed in full DICOM Lossless quality on our Image Web Browser and you can report directly against the Images without the need for a separate RIS.

We are very competitive and would be happy to organise a demonstration / meeting to get a full understanding of your needs.

yours sincerely,

Mark O’Herlihy
Healthcare Sales Manager
mark.oherlihy@visbion.com
07824 875676
www.visbion.com
 Link to this message Julian Mansell  posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 09:04 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi Charlie,

We also use eFilm as our PACS.In addition to the standard eFilm software, we also have a web browser version. Merge (eFilm supplier) are extremely helpful and I am confident that they would be able to supply to you exactly what you need at a very reasonable price.
If you have any questions please contact me, I will be more than happy to give you Merge's UK engineers contact details.
By the way, where are you located?

Julian
PACS/RIS Technical Lead
julian.mansell@swbh.nhs.uk
 Link to this message James Watson  posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 03:54 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Charlie,

The Rogan-Delft offering of PACS is very flexible - we have it in a number of NHS hospitals as well as private and academic institutes in the UK. Cost is associated with what you need, so it can be very favourable.

Please feel free to drop me a line or give me a call to discuss or chat: James:baynetworks.co.uk or 07786 831948

Thanks

James Watson
 Link to this message Keith E Baker  posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:36 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hello, I'm in the USA, we are started out as a small MR clinic and have expanded to all modalities. We currently use a GE Radworks system with a Candelis 10TB storage / Image grid. The image grid comes with a remote viewer. The overall cost is very low compared to a full pacs system and works well as a pacs system.

Hope this helps out.
Keith
 Link to this message David Hicks  posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 09:29 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Charlie,

I have a commercial interest and I don't like to us the forum as a commercial tool so if you need some advice, pricing etc please send me an email.
 Link to this message Michael Cox  posted on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 10:23 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
With over 15 years experience within the medical sphere of digital imaging, the award winning EVOCS is coming to the UK. EVOCS is not a Patient Archive System (PACS), it is a software application that compliments existing PACs servers and allows for a faster and more effective DICOM viewing and file sharing functionality between medical institutions.

EVOCS clinical system is a web based application designed, built and developed to meet the toughest standards throughout Europe. When it comes to file sharing of DICOM images between hospitals, private clinics and medical professionals, PAC’s providers throughout Europe recommend EVOCS to interpret, view and transport the entire range of DICOM formats.

“Care, Share and Communicate with DICOM Imaging”

EVOCS is designed to deliver complex DICOM images in a simple fast and encrypted manner. All file transfers between medical institutions or medical professionals is done so, using secure 256 bit encryption methods. EVOCS users can attach written e-reports to DICOM image transfers and also enable audio-visual-case-conferencing to any recipient, anywhere in the world. EVOCS can transfer a 900mb CT DICOM image anywhere in the world, in less than 5 minutes, thanks to integrated patented compression software. This is what greatly enhances the speed of communication across any secured Virtual Private Network (VPN) or web link.

With EVOCS Dicom images experience no pixilation or loss of quality, regardless of the amount of magnification being applied to the image. EVOCS can inform any recipient world-wide via encrypted email that a secure clinical image file has arrived in their in-box. Email notifications can be sent and received in Outlook, NHS Net or across any Intranet.

Over 90% of European hospitals are already committed to “interoperability” via Evocs. Is there any reason why your imaging department(s) should not be considering the EVOCStm software solution? Just think, no more waiting to utilise an expensive in-house viewing station, EVOCStm turns every desktop into a DICOM viewing station.

EVOCS employs "Follow me Technology". That means you can log-on to your work flow In-box from any personal computer anywhere around the world, regardless of the internet connection speed. EVOCS has been built with one click functionality in mind. “It’s as easy as turning on a tap”. Want to talk with a consultant anywhere in the world to discuss a patient case? EVOCS can do this, thanks to the built in video-conferencing suite. Want to perform live DICOM feeds between hospitals for education or second live opinions? Then look no further than the EVOCS Live Function.

Are your patients’ lives worth waiting an eternity for a DICOM Image to arrive via courier or Disk?

Are your Consultants complaining about the up-load speed from the central PACS server?

EVOCStm DICOM images are delivered in seconds!

With instant access to images consultants anywhere can discuss patient care pathways and reporting in real time. Want to retrieve a DICOM image and report from a neighbouring hospital in seconds? Now you can, with EVOCStm DICOM Query and Retrieve functionality.

"EVOCStm can help retain patient care and funding - Why transfer the patient to another hospital?
Just transmit the images instead for that vital, life saving second opinion"

EVOCStm is an inexpensive cost saving solution to file share and transport all formats DICOM Images. EVOCS employs sophisticated encryption technologies across its entire product range. Thanks to its patent encryption technology, DICOM file sharing is as easy as sending a word document in Outlook.
 Link to this message Chelsea Lee  posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 07:04 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
INFINITT PACS is a completely web-based suite of image visualization and management tools, running on a 64-bit processor for fast image loading. And Just as all other INFINITT product offerings, INFINITT PACS is fully conformant to industry standards such as DICOM, HL7, IHE, and HIPAA regulations while ensuring high level of scalability and integration capability.

Key Features of INFINITT PACS :

RIS, PACS & 3D available on a single-database platform – single desktop, single sign-on, single user interface
Hardware independence – allows your IT department to choose the products they prefer to support
Scalable & expandable architecture
Advanced Hanging Protocol allows each user to define preferences, viewing modes, roaming profiles, etc
Embedded digital dictation, transcription and voice recognition in reporting module
Always online storage and real-time multi-level backup

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: