UK Imaging Informatics Group
Phillips achieva MR cannot be read in... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Jawad Fahran  posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 06:45 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hello

Have recently taken up this position, and think i have inherited an existing problem, which i hope may have been seen before. Although our Philips MR will communicate with PACS, one of the Physicians has recently cut a CD and attempted to read on his own machine (running eFilm), and it does not open.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before? I am looking to see if this is a problem with the MR, and whether i should call the service agent, or whether there is a workaround, as the CD thing happen only on rare occasions.

Thanks, Jawad
 Link to this message John Coe  posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 07:10 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi

Philips use something called "enhanced MR". Some viewers have difficulty displaying this. In our viewers we have to edit a configuration file, I don't know if eFilm can do this for you.

John
 Link to this message Jawad Fahran  posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 07:58 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thank you John

I presume that the 'enhanced MR' output has changed the arrangement of the object tags in the Dicom string? Or would it be that this is one of those 'private tags' that I hear about every now and then?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: