UK Imaging Informatics Group
PACS as part of EPR PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 08:32 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
There were many presentations at the EuroPACS meetings (part of CARS) at Berlin today. This issue is gaining momentum globally. I was an invited speaker at the meeting and topic given to me was "Overcoming the barriers of Image and Report Sharing--UK". However, my talk touches upon the future trends and opens standards based EPR concept. I will post this talk for those who may be interested.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 08:36 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
application/pdfImage and Report Sharing UK
Image_and_Report_Sharing1.pdf (928.7 k)
 Link to this message Richard Perriss  posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 01:51 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Good editorial in Radiographics on EPRs and image/ data sharing. Written from a US perspective, but raises many of the same issues relevant to us.

http://radiographics.rsna.org/content/29/5/1247.full
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 11:07 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks Richard for alerting us to this editorial.

The Royal College of Radiologists produced a strategy document (with input from members of this Group):
http://www.rcr.ac.uk/docs/radiology/pdf/BFCR(09)6_imaging_strategy.pdf

The strategy proposed supports use of XDS as the inter-operabilty framework for EPR.

Canada is using XDS for its framework
It seems from the editorial ---this is likely to be the framework for USA. Wales is moving down this path. Many countries in Europe are already using XDS as the inter-operabilty framework for EPR. Harm-Jan from Forecare will provide real world examples of XDS use in Europe at our next meeting on 23rd Oct.

I am not sure where we are with England with the CFH direction of single exclusive monolithic systems delivered by LSPs at huge costs. I remain concerned about the cost to public funds, with continuing with this CFH strategy.

XDS methodology for EPR is more inclusive:
1. Harness the investment of your existing departmental systems, and make them capable of delivering documents to the XDS standards.
2. Multi-vendor departmental systems conforming to XDS standard and contributing to an EPR.
3. Indexing methodology for view of Clinical documents/images held in other organizations systems --rather than pushing data between organizations.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 11:25 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
application/mswordIHE response to RCR strategy
IHE-UK_MIRO 09 14 Richard_MIRO_Response_to_RCR_draft_2-6.doc (71.7 k)

This was response of IHE-UK to RCR strategy.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: