UK Imaging Informatics Group
Setting up PACS for a small hospital ... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Akanksha Jain  posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 08:01 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi, we are a small hospital with 100 beds, and we go through 50,000 imaging exams in a year. We are thinking of PACS integration with our RIS system. We are also planning on going digital for our radiography unit. Can anybody tell us what are the rough estimate of costs of converting to CR and installing a turnkey PACS solution? We are currently in talks with a couple of vendors but they don't seem to have exact numbers.I also understand that figure for PACS varies from spec to spec. We are expecting that we would need at least 5 TB back-up in the next 5 years and the imaging volumes are expected to grow at 10% a year. Also, we would like to have 3D imaging capabilities in PACS.
 Link to this message David Adcock  posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 09:25 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Akanksha,

There are a lot of variables to consider, such as your current infrastructure, modality and other requirements. On top of that, the supporting systems need to be looked at to ensure that they are able to cope with throughput of data, whilst a means of agreeing and enforcing SLAs to be put into place.

I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you to talk through your requirements and what the resultant costs would likely to be.

dave.adcock@nxtera.co.uk - 07771 927515

Commercial interest declared
 Link to this message Gregg Burgess  posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 01:51 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Akanksha,
There are a great deal many variables to consider before taking such a decision.
As GE's independent technology partner, Centriq have extensive working knowledge of solutions such as you describe above, and can provide you with accurate costs, timescales, and more.
A couple of immediate questions I have for you are: What RIS are you using/planning to use? What modalities will you be using?
Please contact me: gburgess@centriq.co.uk - +44-7787-699653 so that we can have a more in-depth discussion regarding solutions available, costs, etc

Kind Regards

Gregg

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: