UK Imaging Informatics Group
Advantage Window and WinXp connection PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Yasser Salman  posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 11:11 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
hi all how can i link between GE Advantage window and my loptop (WinXp OS) , to send images from Advantage Window to my laptop, i connect the workstation and my laptop and ping is Ok for Both, but sending image(s) failed, is there are a special setting in TCP/IP protocol, or is there are any software i must add? any network component? thanx..,
 Link to this message Eric Becker  posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 11:58 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
You can use radworks package for sending and receiving DICOM images on your laptop to communicate with Advantage Windows 3.1/4.X

www.pacs-consultants.com
 Link to this message Colin J Roberts  posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:19 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Radworks is a very expensive way of solving this problem, all you need to do is get some form of DICOM SCP (e-film can be downloaded on a trial basis for 30 days) and connect that to the AW workstation. You must set up a DICOM connection (AE Title and Port and hostname or IP address) from the AW to your laptop. Remember to set the connection on the AW to output the images in DICOM 3 format rather than GE's proprietary format. Once you have set up this you can use DICOM push to get the images onto the laptop. There is no need to purchase Radworks for this purpose (it costs a fortune in comparison to e-film and some other free DICOM products out there)unless you want more than simple functionality, and if you do want complex functions then there
 Link to this message Richard Wellings  posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:50 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
HAs your adw got the dat export function which burns a dicom viewer onto the cd
If so this is very easy it auto runs within IE 5.5 service pack 2 or IE 6 and allows you to view dicom images and export them anonymised or not as tiff or jpeg to the pc.

It also works well for MDT on the vga projectors . at 31p a cd to get >3000 images on its pretty economical to.
I am steadily transfering my orthopaedic imaging to this with only a token film with the orthopods agreement as they can then review 3D images as cine loops and get far more from them. Plus it preserves the colour images from the more interesting SSD techniques.
 Link to this message James Wafula  posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 07:29 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Question for Colin J Roberts: What does "AE" in (AE Title and Port ....) stand for. I can figure out most of the other abbreviations in this thread but how I wish we did not have to use them!
 Link to this message Kevin Terrins  posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 07:43 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Application Entity ;-)
 Link to this message Michael Sparks  posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 10:20 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
AE=application entity

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: