UK Imaging Informatics Group
Attribute PACS cost to exam costs PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Tim Llewellin  posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 10:29 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Has anyone broken down the cost of their PACS infrastructure and support, and attributed these cost to examination procedures? If you have, would you mind sharing the process and factors, if not actual figures? I have been asked to achieve this in a matter of days, so Id rather not re-invent the wheel.

The temptation to add surcharges to those that prove the greatest challenge for PACS teams is almost overwhelming. :-)
 Link to this message John Parker  posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 11:35 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi Tim,

I asked a few of my colleagues at a meeting recently about how their PACS support works. What came out of the discussion was that departments do this very differently. Some PACS admin roles are shared with RIS admin,general admin, radiography, IT or other roles, so even getting a headcount/ wte's doesn't really give the full picture.

With the National Tariff though, I'm not sure how you could add these costs anyway??

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: