UK Imaging Informatics Group
Integration of Speech with PACS PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Stephen Davies  posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 06:33 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Two questions!
1. Does anyone have extended experience of speech recognition for dictation of radiology reports
2. What is the current state of play with integration of speech generated text reports integrating with RIS (and then PACS)
 Link to this message Keith Foord  posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 12:46 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Stephen
You may find the SCAR site useful for this, you can link to this from our site. There was a presentation from Langer at the last SCAR meeting reported in J Digit Imaging which may be v useful (see refs to publications which I posted recently)
Keith
 Link to this message John Pilling  posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 05:00 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
At the Norfolk & Norwich we have been experimenting with voice recognition for nearly a year now. We are using Dragon Naturally Speaking which has been embedded into our RIS by the Dragon (GHG) rep. In practice we speak the Radiology number into RIS (no direct interface with PACS worklists yet) and separately launch the PACS image. At the end of dictation the report can be authorised and printed with one command. The printed copy is then posted off to the referring clinician and the electronic version is immediately available on the Reports and Requests systems and on PACS. So far two radiologists have gained substantial experience with it and like it. Three more are in the throes of learning and the majority remain sceptical but interested. Complete integration with PACS worklists would make the system much less "clunky" and aid acceptance by speeding up the whole reporting process.
 Link to this message Gerry O'Sullivan  posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 06:18 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Is there a list out there of UK/Irish hospitals with PACS installed, also how many have an integrated PACS plus RIS; and how many have PACS +RIS+ Voice Recognition??

About to invest in 1,2, or 3 of the above!! I would rather see them in action at a real hospital rather than be shown how brilliant a system is SUPPOSED to be at RSNA etc!
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:42 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Gerry, we maintain a user database which can be accessed from the link at the top of each webpage. You will need to click list options and choose which fields you want to display - including PACS, RIS, voice dictation vendors and Hospital/Institutions in your case. You can then contact the relevant member for more information.

PACSnet may also be able to help.
 Link to this message Richard Harries  posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 07:48 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I have been using Phillips SpeechMagic for about a year. It is fully integrated with the Amersham (Torex) RIS and works extremely well. I am hoping to do some live demos in the near future (eg at Calderdale). Contact me if you want more information.
 Link to this message Robert George  posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 07:48 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi - Robert George, Adelaide Australia. Re - Speech recog with PACS .

There is an excellent site in Sydney Australia at the Sydney Adventist Hospital which has AGFA PACS and Speech recog using Talk Technology, recently acquired by AGFA.

I think they use the Phillips speech engine but you could contact the Radiology Manager, Geoff Andrews - see email below The Hosp web site is www.sah.org.au - go to Diagnostic Services This is a superb Hosp with a full cardiac facility etc

Geoffrey Andrews Radiology Manager 185 Fox Valley Road Wahroonga, NSW, 2076

Phone: 02 9287 9839 Mobile:0414 667 518

Email:geoff@sah.org.au

Regards

Rob George

Robert George Clinical Operations Manager Dr Jones and Partners Medical Imaging
 Link to this message Simon Daniell  posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 07:49 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
The main site I know is Christie Hospital Manchester who have speech recognition with an Amersham (Torex) RIS for many years. Also possibly Central Middlesex. In Europe G2speech is interfaced to PACS in the Benelux (see G2 web site). Simon
 Link to this message Richard Harries  posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 03:57 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
We use Philips SpeechMagic with the Torex RIS. It is very successful, full integrated, and we love it! I recently demonstrated the remote reporting set-up we use at home by linking a laptop via ISDN from three different sites (London, Halifax and Warwick) to our Grimsby site. I downloaded images, did (dummy) reports using speech recognition and then corrected and authorised the reports. We use Radworks and link using ISDN 2 through Cisco routers, which is very secure.
 Link to this message Rhidian Bramley  posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 07:04 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Christie Hospital Manchester had speech recognition with Amersham (Torex) which worked well until 3 years ago when we upgraded to the windows version. We are still waiting to get it working satisfactorily again!
 Link to this message Dr Anna Bayes  posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 06:09 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Has anyone gone any data that shows the frequency of old PACS films being reviewed. e.g. on average a film is reviewed twice in the first year, 0.6 times in the next 5 years 0.02 times in the next five years after that etc?
 Link to this message Chelsea Lee  posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 07:08 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Infinitt RIS is designed to incorporate voice recognition (Speech Recognition) engine which can entirely eliminate transcription and report approval. Moreover, Infinitt RIS can provide the separate transcription functionality which is comprehensive and flexible Microsoft word and it can be tightly integrated into the system. User-defined templates are designed in accordance with center's workflows if needed. The completed report is distributed to the referring physician through the printed/faxed/or e-mail or put into the batch for the later distribution after electronic signature.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 11:06 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Chelsea,

In future, please identify yourself as a commercial company when you post in the future. This is a user forum.

Thanks,

Neelam

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: