UK Imaging Informatics Group
OJEU Process for PACS/RIS Replacements PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 09:40 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks to Keith's work it seems there is largely 2 types of OJEU procurement used for PACS
1. Restrictive procedure
2. Competitive dialogue

Competitive dialogue has been introduced recently
http://www.ogc.gov.uk/documents/guide_competitive_dialogue.pdf

1. OJEU Notice -
application/mswordSample PACS OJEU advert
SAMPLE OJEU .doc (35.8 k)

2. Prequalification questionaire
application/mswordPQQ v3
PACS_RIS_PQQ_V3.doc (48.1 k)

3. Select participants (3-5 vendors out of 15 or so)
4. Invite participants for dialogue--OBS needed at this stage
application/mswordPACS OBS
PACS Specification--v8.doc (163.3 k)
application/mswordRIS OBS
RIS Specification v3.doc (195.6 k)

5. Dialogue phase
6. Invite to Tender (about 3) --draw up the final OBS
7. Evaluate tenders
8. Select Preferred Bidder
9. Clarification & confirmation of committments
10. Contract Signature
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 09:50 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Jim Wood & Tony Corkett have huge amount of experience in OJEU & they are happy to help NHS Trusts with the procurement exercise. I would encourage everyone to listen to what they have to say on 7th Nov.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 09:44 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I am aware that many Trusts are already putting in VNA in their replacement advertisements. I have written up a simple VNA spec which I hope will help Trusts. Comments please.
application/mswordVNA spec
VNA SPECIFICATION V1.doc (33.8 k)
 Link to this message Martin Peacock  posted on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 12:21 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
For those interested - the Cabinet Office yesterday published a toolkit for procurement of Open Source software http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/resource-library/open-source-procurement-toolkit
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 03:32 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
That is good news Martin.
For those who could not make it to yesterday's meeting. Martin gave an excellent talk. He introduced an interesting topic on "Zero Footprint Viewers". This is really the next generation viewer technology based on HTML 5 (which is open source). They are progression from the thick & thin clients.....

I hopeful the same kind of emphasis is also placed on open standards-- DICOM, CDA, XDS etc
 Link to this message Martin Peacock  posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 06:16 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks Neelam.. I enjoyed the meeting and it gave lots of food for thought.

Although I think I gave a lacklustre answer to your question on the topic.. In the context of IE version 10 not supporting plugins of any kind (including ActiveX, Java, or even Silverlight), you asked how you could address that within the procurement process. A better answer might go along the following lines...

"The Trust may decide to follow Microsoft's recommended upgrade pathways regarding Internet Explorer version 10 at any point in the contract lifecycle. Detail the implications of this and how they will be addressed."

... although HTML5 isn't open source - but is an open specification.

I assume you are putting up presentations on the board again?
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 07:04 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks Martin. I hope to be putting all presentations in next few weeks after getting permission from speakers.

I think you raise a very important issue regarding dependency on browsers, java etx
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 07:56 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks to all the comments on the importantace of having a disaster recovery solution & also for customer control of data. I have included the following questions on the PQQ.

22. Disaster Recovery DICOM VNA—
22.1 Is the vendor capable of providing a disaster recovery archive which is a Vendor Neutral DICOM archive (so that the Trust can have control over its own data within the VNA)?
Pass/Fail
23. Data Migration:
23.1 Is the vendor capable of managing migration of existing large archive (. Migration will need to take place to both a disaster recovery VNA archive & also to its own PACS Archive (which will be the future live PACS)?
Pass/Fail
application/mswordv4 of PQQ
PACS_RIS_PQQ_V4.doc (49.2 k)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: