UK Imaging Informatics Group
XDS NHS Clinical Metadata Mapping PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Integration & Standards >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 10:21 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I have tried to map across NHS clinical data terms used in RIS & PACS to what is required in the XDS metadata submission set. This is my first attempt for radiology reports & Radiology images.
I am hopeful that speakers like Michael LaRocca, Michael Pawlicz, Brian Ellwood & Dirco Van Norden will be able to shed some light on 7th Nov Meeting of the group.

This XDS metadata understanding is absolutely key if you are including VNA in your PACS replacement project.

Any supplier/member reading the forum with expertise in XDS Metadata handling, I would be grateful for any input into the docs. Please feel free to contact me.
application/mswordXDS-Radiology Report
RadiologyReport-CDA-XDS.doc (78.3 k)
application/mswordXDS-PACS Image
PACSImage-XDS.doc (64.0 k)
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 06:08 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
If you are including VNA in your procurement it is essential that you understand XDS metadata submission set. Some of the terms in use are very American. I have tried to map them to commonly used UK terms. If NHS Trusts can use VNA to register & store PACS images, radiology reports & radiology requests I firmly believe the other documents & images will follow very easily towards an EPR. I have tried to map the XDS metadata terms to the terms used in NHS for PACS, RIS & Ordercomms. Make sure your PACS, RIS & Ordercomms vendors are committed to XDS if you are including VNA in your procurement.

Ones in blue I am not sure about. However, I think with speakers at the meeting, we will gain further information.Comments are welcome.
application/mswordXDS Metadata Submission set
XDS Metadata Submission Set.doc (56.3 k)
 Link to this message Simon Waddington  posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 09:07 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thanks Neelam. A labour of love! One of the minor problems is that even within the UK there are differing terms used for the same function by manufacturers. It was one of the confusing aspects of deployment under the CfH program was that RIS and PACS providers used the same term for different functions and different terms for the same function. All this just means going through documents with a magnifying glass once you're down to preferred provider status to ensure purchaser and supplier(s) are all agreed in what functions are specified and which terms are being used.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:40 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I have updated the XDS submission set for radiology image, report & request using simple NHS terms--should be understood by all PACS & RIS suppliers. Dutch are more advanced in XDS. I am grateful to the help from Dirco Van Norden (Rogan), Harm-jan (Forecare), Dave Harvey, Micheal Pawliz (Karoshealth) & Tim Benson.

any comments are welcome
application/mswordXDS Metadata Submission set3
XDS Metadata Submission Set3.doc (63.5 k)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: