UK Imaging Informatics Group
Time saving benefits resulting from PACS PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Phil Beale  posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 04:12 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I am helping several Trusts across the NHS devise their business cases for PACS in advance of LSP PACS implementation. One of the key benefits that keeps cropping up is time savings amongst both clinical and administrative staff (including less time wasted searching for mislaid images) resulting from the use of soft copy rather than hard copy images. However, there appears to be very little documentary evidence from existing PACS sites regarding exactly how much time is saved for redirecting to more profitable tasks (and indeed no quantification is provided within the recent Modernisation Agency benefits document). The Trusts I am working with are keen to refer to sound evidence for this benefit, so does anyone within an existing PACS site feel that they could contribute views? If so, please email me direct (philbeale@oakleigh.co.uk) and I will follow up with you. I will in turn post the combined results on this discussion forum in case it is of use to others.

Many thanks,

Phil Beale
Oakleigh Consulting

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: