UK Imaging Informatics Group
Do you have the latest PACS version, ... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message David Clunie  posted on Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 09:22 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi all

On a recent visit to a large academic site, the subject of barriers to upgrading to the latest PACS version in order to be able to handle new modalities came up.

I was wondering how many sites are in a similar situation, so drafted the attached survey, if you would be so kind as to complete it (one per PACS per site) and return it to me by email (dclunie@dclunie.com).

You can fetch the PDF survey form from:

http://www.dclunie.com/surveys/PACSUpdateStatusSurvey_2013_distributed.pdf

David
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 08:27 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
David,
Sometimes upgrading PACS can be a huge project with a lot of resources required both from supplier & customer side. We saw this with upgrade from 5.2 to 6.2 upgrade of Impax. It could be one or the other or both unwilling to commit resources. That is why I believe that short contracts of 7 years is good for both suppliers & customers
1. There is project time & money put from both sides
2. Upgrade of hardware-server & workstation
3. Data cleansing
4. Most up-to-date software in the market
5. Standards based integration for future proofing
 Link to this message David Clunie  posted on Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 12:41 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi Neelam ... can you (or someone at your site) fill out the survey please?
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 04:13 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi David,

It would be easier if there was a surveymonkey type form for this.

Neelam
 Link to this message David Clunie  posted on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 12:30 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I tried that first but it did not allow for plain text field entries in the free version of the service, and other services had similar limitations. I am a cheapskate, and expected that anyone knowledgeable about PACS and IT and with sufficient interest would be able to cope with a PDF form.

In the time you have taken to make two posts here and tell me how to run my survey you could instead have filled in the form and sent it back!

David
 Link to this message James Heesom  posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 03:37 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
[Spam post removed by Moderator]

(Message edited by alexpeck on April 07, 2014)
 Link to this message David Clunie  posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 08:14 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
The results of the survey are posted at:

http://dclunie.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-pacs-has-fallen-down-and-i-cant-get.html

David

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: