UK Imaging Informatics Group
PACS/RIS Acquisition Need Advice and ... PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Message/Author
 Link to this message Bong Raymundo  posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:34 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi,

My company is in the process of buying new PACS/RIS system, we have shortlisted these 3 vendors agfa, fuji, care stream. We also asked sectra and GE, but their proposals where both way over the budget. Kindly provide feed backs on this vendors, based on your experience, we will be opening 10 radiology clinics, 15 dental clinics and 3 600 beds hospitals here in the middle east (KSA) and we are in the selection phase for the vendors of PACS and RIS. The selected vendor will be the exclusive provider for all the above mentioned for the duration of 7 years. Thank you for your time and feedback.
 Link to this message Gina Naughton  posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:40 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
My group of Hospitals have had an Agfa RIS/PACS with an electronic ordering, results delivery and acknowledgement system for the last 10 years. The system when we first acquired it allowed us to become filmless and paperless throughout Radiology. The system was not only able to adapt to our existing workflow, it had many features which improved our workflow and made processes more efficient. Over the years the system has been upgraded numerous times, our latest upgrade was last weekend and all within our contact. We also have a great Business Intelligence system which can easily extract data which can be displayed in attractive reports and dashboards for enterprise users and management. We are in a Managed service contact and have an on site engineer as part of our contact and this had proved invaluable over the years. Any issues are sorted promptly and requests for new features are understood as the engineer can see the requirement at the site first hand.

I hope this helps. My opinion is that the functionality within RIS is the most important factor to consider as it will determine workflow and deliver outcomes. Most pacs systems have similar features and therfore the bells and whistles which may determine your final decision may be at RIS level.

Gina
 Link to this message Bong Raymundo  posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 07:09 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Thank you Gina, surely appreciate, your opinion, and taking the time to reply to this inquiry. Have a great day.
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 11:43 am Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
All the PACS suppliers you name are very good suppliers. Doing a site visit and getting your radiologists to talk to radiologists who work with the supplier is always good.

My view is write a good specification and ask your suppliers to respond to the specification. We did a cost/functionality to decide our RIS and PACS. We did not simply go by the cheapest quote. Many of the suppliers you name made it to our final stage. Fujifilm won fair and square based on maths. We have good relationship with them and they provided us with a very good functionality.

Whilst PACS is a global products, RIS requirements often are very specific to a country. We choose Rogan RIS which has been developed for the UK NHS market. It also works in Europe to. We have been very satisfied.

However, any "sensible" open standards based PACS and RIS should be able to communicate very easily via open standards like HL7 ORM, ORU and Open API (for desktop integration). There is no need for single vendor supply RIS, PACS, PAS/PMI, Ordercomms all from same vendor.

There are many good PACS and RIS solutions. I would suggest including XDS based VNA in the requirements for future-proofing. Specify well in your contract document. Vendors are only required to deliver what is in the contract.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: