UK Imaging Informatics Group
Business case for pacs PreviousNext
UK Imaging Informatics Group > Questions & Answers > PACS Procurement & Business Cases >
Subtopic Last Post Last Poster Posts
Archive through May 06, 200506-05-05  11:52 amNeelam Dugar15

Message/Author
 Link to this message Peter Rowlands  posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 12:08 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I think I may have failed to send this in reply to Richard's post.

The position in CM SHA is that the director of finance will pick up 90% of the initial affordability gap in the capital charges plus some unspecified part of the future capital charges.

So,

discuss it with the SHA. Our SHA DOF attends the cluster group
 Link to this message David Stephen Evans  posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 12:13 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Is this also the case for Foundation Trusts in your patch?

Cheers,

David.
 Link to this message Peter Rowlands  posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 12:16 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
The only one is countess of chester. The question of foundation status was not alluded to at the SHA pacs group. So I presume that this is a yes. Margaret could tell you for sure
 Link to this message Neelam Dugar  posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 02:10 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I have been told that there is some inaccuracy in my statement and regarding NE Cluster and VFM work

Some of the costs that are feeding into the model date back to 2002. However, the remainder are more recent, in fact with one set being only a couple of months old.
 Link to this message Margaret Cosens  posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 07:11 pm Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
The Countess, at least as an Early Adopter, has been treated the same way as the non Foundation Trusts by the SHA, but I can't comment on whether that is a strategic plan by the SHA or a particular case for an early adopter that happens to be a Foundation Trust. Certainly our Business Case is not cost neutral, and - even given the SHA's major input to close the affordability gap, our Trust is still picking up the tab for part of the cost.

I'm sure everyone knows that the early adopters are Good Hope in Birmingham, Mid Cheshire, and ourselves at the Countess of Chester. Coventry and Warwickshire are also in - but I understand are just deciding whether it will be the RIS or the RIS/PACS - Phil Lindley will tell you more.

There are quite a few unclarified areas that the EAs will have to address with CSCA and CfH. I think we are all leaning heavily on the support and advice of the CRG - I certainly am - and we are also keeping in touch with one another as best we can in the midst of the current tsunami.

A few facts to report:

1. Our Business Case has been signed off. It is not done on the new template, as our work preceded its release; it's a home-grown effort.

2. Our joint CSCA/CoCH Project Initiation Document has been signed off by the Trust, SHA and CSCA.

3. We are on the point of placing a Purchase Order with CSCA in the next day or two, we hope. Some issues have needed clarifying to get it totally accurate - it needs to be signed off as approved by CfH, then passed on to CSCA for processing, so any inaccuracy will mean going through the pretty long-winded process a second time. I think Good Hope have already placed theirs - (Neil Bannon, are you there?..)

4. As the implementation starts to kick in, details around such matters as the training package, the support model, the interfacing (in our case at least), have yet to be worked out. The EAs will be the guinea pigs on it and will need to bring matters to the CRG; as I see it.

5. BASELINING AND BUSINESS BENEFITS
We have asked CfH, the SHA and CSCA to cooperate to undertake a "baselining and benefits assessment" study at the Countess. I think I posted that I was unable to find any hard facts on the softer benefits listed in the business case template - so we thought we'd have a go at trying to quantify some of them; in money, in time, etc; so that others could make use of it and maybe enlarge on it. Just like every other Trust who has implemented PACS, you prioritise the work of the people who can help and find you can't do the job and the statistical counting exercise as well. So Keith Richardson has agreed to coordinate the joint effort. We'll post what we are planning to do for comment, if this would be of interest.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: